Friday, December 5, 2014

A Card, My Friends & Friends With Flair....

dEb here with a quick card AND a way to be green all at the same time.... I absolutely love the holidays.. Christmas patterned papers, holiday rubber stamps, my new Tim Holtz poinsettia die . I love holiday lights, classic Christmas movies ( Elf and A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim )  & quirky Christmas movies ( The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Family Stone ). I am also a hoarder of Christmas cards that I receive from my friends.. There, I admitted it !! I have cards from friends near and far; and I cherish each and every one of them.. I keep them year to year but eventually do send most to the recycle bin.. Some, however, I have kept for years. This year as I was heading to recycle with last year's cards, in anticipation of receiving new ones this year, I had a thought... Why not make cards out of them ???  I know I am not the first person to do this but I think my efforts might be a bit unique. 

I started with a kraft card, got out my 1" circle punch and went to town. I used a fun sentiment from Unity Stamp Company's "Stay Cozy" and finished with a doily half and half of a 2.5" circle. The dotted paper is from We R Memory Keeper's "Winter Frost" collection. Thanks to Brian, Bonnie, Lisa, Jacky, Donna and Meredith for helping me make memories - AND cards !!

I posted the first card on the Mountain Plains Crafters blog. I am a member of their Design Team and with that, I welcomed 7 new friends into my life... This post is for all of you - Pam, Sheryl, Terri, MariLynn, Paula, Christina & Jennifer. 

I also posted this card on Unity Stamp Company's Friends With Flair




2 comments:

  1. Very cute and cozy and great way to recycle cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I am so glad to have you as my friend. You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete