Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Full Mug - GIU Day 4

The June 2014 Kit of the Month is called -- "In Love with Love"-- and I am definitely in love with all 18 stamps !! It's no secret that I also love coffee so I chose the Full Mug sentiment and image for today's card.

I stamped the mug's image twice then colored some of the mugs and cut them out to layer on top of the image that I had stamped on patterned paper. I used some Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle and a Tim Holtz Doily stencil on the right side of the patterned cardstock by Momenta. I sprinkled some Donna Salazar "Sugar Shimmer" Fairy Dust Glitter  over the wet spackle. The border at the top of the card and the red and yellow flowers were cut out from an old calendar. I used some Tim Holtz washi at the top of the border. I then stamped the saying on the left side of the card. Maya Road Twine Cording in Sweet Candy complete the card. 


A Full Mug Makes Everything Better



Whipped Spackle with Glitter, Paper-pieced Mugs


I have been loving playing with embossing pastes and the whipped spackle that I used on this card.Textures and layers always seem to add so much to a project. I have many stencils that I can't wait to play with. Once again, thank you for visiting Meticulosity. I always welcome your comments and it inspires me to try new techniques and perfect others. 

Please comment -- you could win a prize of some fantastic Unity stamps. I will pick 2 winners at random who have commented on all 5 of my blog posts this week. 








.

33 comments:

  1. Love your spackle technique. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I can add as many hearts for this card as I would like to, but just know that I absolutely ADORE this!!!! and the texture paste is an added bonus! you so rock! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this one. I'd like to try the textured thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...I'm gonna have to get me some spackle. Looks super cool. And it all this wonderfully on your card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice mixed media card! Love the texture of the embossing paste you added on the card, Debra. The stacking cups are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors.
    So many different embellishments
    and techniques.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I love all of the detail colored in on the mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh... this is so cute! Love the stacks of cups and the cupcake! Great texture too! Looks like a fun KOM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow! I am in love with this fun & creative & beautiful card. Love every little detail and everything you used to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable!!!. Love the look of the card you created.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mugs are all so cute. I've never noticed that stamp before. I like the addition of ricrac and flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous--I like the colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the attention to detail. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. Love your glittery spackle. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. The mugs, the MUGS!!! This card is freakin' adorable!!!
    My cup runneth over! Teehee! So creativeđź’•

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, my crafty friend! Love the glittery texture and that sentiment is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card, love all the layers and textures :) and I am a tea monster so that image is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really do like all the textures on this card. Yay for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card...yes a full mug does make everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So adorable, I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG!!! I had to order the kit!!!! LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think this us the best card I've ever seen from you! It is so pretty and the speckle is amazing!it stands out . I luv flat but a mix of non flat decor on paper crafts! I've never tried speckle and don't own any. Maybe it looks like broken mug pieces! I luv all the cup stamps immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all the different elements on this card. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whipped spacle?? Going to have to get me some of that this card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ohhhh myyyy I loved this I havent been on lately and this caught my eye. Love it I will try it aoon so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty! Love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful, love the layers, texture and colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great card! I love that stamp set, and especially how you highlighted it by using all of the different techniques and textures. Awesome coloring too! TFS your work with us today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the gorgeous textures and your colorful cups, Feast for eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love, love, love those cute towers of mugs!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Comprehend the organization's statement of purpose or fundamental beliefs. Make it a subject for the logo. logo design service

    ReplyDelete