Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Home Sweet Home

Today is my first "official" post with the Susan K. Weckesser Creative Team and we are celebrating  Home Sweet Home. My first idea was to make a card but I wanted to try something different.  On a larger scale. I had a chalkboard vinyl bulletin board that I have not used yet, so what better time than now as I plan on keeping track of my new responsibilities. Susan's new team already feels like family - another Home Sweet Home for me. 

On the board,which is on the closet door of my creative space, I have our upcoming blog themes along with a calendar with my dates marked. Susan has so many great house stamps for me to work with -- I chose 4 of my favorites .


I started out by using many of my paper scraps and stamping the houses on different papers so that I could paper-piece some of them. The yellow floral and  green scribbly roofs are made with some scraps of adhesive-backed fabric. I used Susan's line of Colorbox Color Pop Archival Dye Ink in Mystery to stamp all of the images. 


I punched out circles of Susan's Color Burst paper and placed Doubleclick Skittles in their centers for added dimension. A few other creative touches are a sequin for a doorknob and white polka-dots on the roof scallops using my favorite Uni-Ball Signo Angelic White Gel pen


For more details on a watercolor technique I used and other creative touches, please check out a more detailed description of all supplies used ( and more pictures )  on our blog -  My Sweet Earth . I'd love for you to leave a comment there on my post and continue to follow us. Thank you for being a part of my creative journey-- I feel so at home with this fabulous team !!


Stamps Used :

Debra Davison
Susan K Weckesser Creative Team

5 comments:

  1. this is so fun! I absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roofing companies can go in and assess the damage done by the moisture and cut away all the bad board in the roofing and replace everything that was damaged so when the roofing goes back up the roof is strong and you can feel confident in your roof lasting a few more years. roofers near me

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sometimes the case because they are usually cheaper than the landscaping contractors that not only have the experience, but the proper licensing and insurance to make sure that your project will be done correctly. Landscaping Insurance

    ReplyDelete