I'm so excited for our blog collaboration this month because we do have a guest joining us and it is Hetty Sanders. We met through our love of coffee AND papercrafting in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters Facebook group. How appropriate is that !?!? This month we were challenged by Celeste to use this mood board for inspiration to make a coffee card. I love these colors and had fun with this theme.
- I started with a colorful Molly & Rex card base from Michaels. The mood board is "pastels and colors" and this was a perfect base even though much of it was covered.
- Using Gansai Tambi #34 Dark Pink watercolor and a wide brush, I created my background on Strathmore Mixed-media paper .
- The Penny Black "Espresso Break" image was stamped using Memories India Black ink . I highlighted several areas using my Distress markers and Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens.
- The coffee sentiment is from the Recollections "C'est La Vie" paper pad . I adhered it to the top of the card using a Tombow MONO Adhesive Runner .
- The stamped image was placed at an angle and popped up with foam dimensionals.
- For some shimmer, I used 10mm faceted rhinestones by Love Nicole from AC Moore and placed 2 ( a pink and a blue ) next to the upper left side and the bottom right side of the stamped image.
Coffee is the Best Idea
Celeste's card can be seen at Crafting Junky . You will love what she created !! I know that I do .. Hetty's card comes to us all the way from The Netherlands. She lives in Amsterdam and you can find her card at Craft Chaos . We all hope that you will comment and let us know what you think and also sign up to follow our blogs.
Today's coffee was brought to you by this coffee cup given to me by my BFF Sue. It sits on my desk holding an assortment of go-to markers . I'm not even sure I have ever put a drop of coffee in it !! But it seemed perfect for today's post. ( And P.S. I am drinking a bottle of Starbucks Vanilla Iced Coffee. )
Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity.
I look forward to seeing you next month.
Debra Davison / Meticulosity